The purpose of BaKCEx [
bakcheks] is to provide a service for individuals as well as small groups of kite enthusiasts to experience Bali Kite Championships and other kite competitions in Bali.
Outline of BaKCEx
- International return fare and accommodation will be borne by participants.
- Accommodation will be at selected hotel/guest house/home stay where good discount can be obtained.
- Local transports to kite competitions as well as meals at the kite competition will be provided by BAKCEX.
- A T-shirt, a Field Pass and a hard hat will be provided to participants after field security briefing.
- Maximum 10 persons (for transport reasons) at each event.
Activities before Kite Competition
- Seminar on traditional Balinese kites and kite culture.
- Kite field security briefing.
At the Kite Competition
- At the Kite Competition the participants will only be spectators; they will not be flying any of their own kites on the competition field.
- Package lunch will be provided.
- An option to join a banjar for one day will be available. This should be requested at registration time.
Optional program after the Kite Competition
- One day of kite flying on Merta Sari beach, Sanur (not as an organized kite festival, just as a fly-together with Balinese kite fliers.)
- One day of sighseeing in Bali.
To register for participating in BaKCEx event (experiencing Bali Kite Culture) please fill in the Registration Form.
BaKCEx is a non profit foundation under Tri Hita Karana Foundation. Tri Hita Karana Foundation is registered in Indonesian Government (under Minister of Law and Human Rights, No.: AHU-3278.AH.01.04 Year 20/01/00).
BaKCEx was founded by Andreas Ågren in November 2014 and joined Tri Hita Karana in March 2018.